On Sunday I had to give a talk at church so Rick sat in the hall with the girls because we knew if they saw me on the stands they would be calling for me and want to come sit with me. After I was finished with my talk, one of the youth came up and said "you need to get your stuff and go; your husband needs you." I asked what was going on and he said "let's just say your daughter tripped and fell and needs to go to the hospital." When I got out in the hall Audrey was sitting on Rick's lap. Her dress had blood all over it, Rick's shirt had blood all over it, and her forehead was split open...a lot!...but she wasn't crying. Rick said she was walking, tripped, fell and hit the door frame. We left and took Audrey to urgent care. Three stitches and a whole lot of blood, tears and screaming later she is still our happy little girl. The doctor said she will always have a scar, but hopefully it will fade. So much for a stress-free week after the big move.
The most interesting thing about what happened was that Audrey tripped right when church started and I wasn't done with my talk until about 40 minutes into it! Rick said a lot of people knew what had happened to her, but not me! There I was giving my talk and those who knew where probably thinking "poor thing doesn't even know her daughter is bleeding in the hall." Rick just wanted me to give my talk without having to worry.
Audrey is such a trooper! I don't know if she is accident-prone or just victim of circumstance....probably a little of both. What I do know is that all of this is making her a stronger person. She may be small, but she is tough!
This picture was taken the morning after....looks pretty good compared to before the stitches!


5 comments:
Poor sweet girl!! She does look happy though :):) Hopefully she heals quickly!!
She is one tough little girl. I love how she didn't start crying until she saw you and your reaction. She still looks cute...stitches and all!
Poor little Audrey! Darren told me what happened after you guys left, he had been taking Dennam to the bathroom. She is a trooper! I have a sister that did the same thing at about her age. She doesn't have bangs now and I never notice a scar at all. So, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for her.
I am so sorry that Audrey got hurt, but I have to admit that I laughed about Rick waiting 40 Minutes!! I think I might have stepped in and told someone else would have to finish his talk! I'm glad she's doing better. Keep it up you tough, little one!
Sorry for blog stalking you! I found you on Shantil's blog. Poor Audrey, she is going to be pretty tough when she gets older! And I'm sure you aged a bit when you saw her! Kids, keep us young and make us old all at the same time...
Post a Comment