Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bates Nut Farm

We have started a little family tradition of going to the Bates Nut Farm in Valley Center to get our pumpkins. Last year we went with some friends from college, the Neals and the Martins. This year the Neals were able to come with us again (we missed you Martins!). The kids had a blast, and it is so much fun spending time with friends we knew before we were all married with kids!

The whole group

Mason and Audrey were having fun being silly. Aren't they so cute together?












Charlotte loved picking up all the different kinds of squash and gourds and posing with them for the camera. This is Charlotte and a spaghetti squash:)








The kids had fun at the petting zoo. Charlotte was very excited to feed the animals all by herself but Audrey was a little scared so she needed her Daddy to stay with her.


Charlotte's favorite animal right now is a bunny. She put a little chair in front of the bunny hutch and sat there happily watching them until she got bored and moved onto one of her favorite pastimes....organizing stuff! She organized and stacked all the little chairs in the petting zoo. I don't have a picture of it, but everyone there thought it was pretty funny. Betcha can't guess where she gets it from?

Family picture...not the best, but everyone's head is in a hole. That itself was an accomplishment!
Meet our pumpkin! This poor guy was never carved. We had every intention, but we got the keys to our new house the next day (this is also why I am so behind with blogging). We were working so hard trying to get it ready for us to move into that we kind of forgot about him:(

3 comments:

Allen Family said...

Was Audrey scared of the "beast" animals? Hahaha I'm laughing so hard right now.

What a fun day at the pumpkin patch/farm! I love that Charlotte is so organized. It's not that hard to guess who she gets it from. Too cute.

We forgot to carve our pumpkin this year too. I was sad because I think Justin would've enjoyed it. I'm actually thinking I may carve it with him. Never too late for a jack-o-lantern, right? Maybe we can get together and have a pumpkin carving contest...for Thanksgiving. It'll be our new traditon.

I'm silly (can you tell it's late at night?). I'll stop now.

Cheryl said...

Well, I'm glad you guys had fun! Those kind of places are soo fun for all who go.
So you got a new place! Wow, congradulations!

Shawntel said...

Mason and Audrey, hmm . . . could there be a blooming romance! lol! They are so cute!