Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a family of five

That's what we'll be by the end of May.
When we first told the girls, Charlotte said she wanted a brother and Audrey said she wanted a sister. We told them that Heavenly Father got to decide, not us.
I was a little concerned about Audrey because when she has her mind set on something and it doesn't work out the way she wants, she get very emotional. She's got a powerful combo of stubbornness and sensitivity. Charlotte just goes with the flow.
About three weeks ago Audrey said, "Mom, I want a sister, but me think our baby is a boy." After that she started to say she wanted a brother too.
I had an ultrasound on December 29th. We took the girls with us so they could see the baby on the monitor and be there when we found out what we were having. Before we left for the ultrasound Charlotte said, "Mommy I am going to be sad if the baby is a girl because I already got a sister."
I tried my best to explain that it would be really fun to have another sister but I wasn't too worried because I've had a feeling that the baby was a boy from the beginning. Rick felt it too.



Turns out we were all right!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats!!!! So excited for you guys!!!

Cheryl said...

YEAH!!!! I'm soo excited for you all! I can't believe you havn't told us! Sam I bet you look so cute!
Is this time a lot easier having only one? Luv your face!

Shawntel said...

Congratulations now Rick won't be so outnumbered! That is so cool because I am due at the beginning of May. We are having a girl, they can be best buds. Did you hear we are moving back to CA? I am so excited, now we can see more of you guys!

Klare said...

Yay!!! So excited for you guys!!

indymartin said...

So cool.

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

So happy for you. I have lots of boy stuff if you want any of it. Are the girls ready to go back to school? I'm pretty sure Brody is!