Tuesday, September 15, 2009

first day

Today the girls started preschool. To say they were excited would be an understatement.We were in charge of snack for the first day. I wanted it to be an extra special snack because it was an extra special day. I made bagels and topped them with cream cheese and fruit. But they couldn't be just ordinary bagels, so I made fruit faces so they would be more fun for the kids.
The girls were very eager to share their snack with their classmates.
I asked the girls before we left what they were most excited to do at preschool (we went to open house a few weeks ago so they got to see the set-up).
Char: "Play with the babies (dolls). Babies, babies, babies!"
Audrey: "Put on the princess shoes!" (funny because we have them at home too)

I'm so glad that they get to start this new part of their life together.

This was right after we got to the preschool. On the way Audrey said "I REALLY excited to go to preschool" then Charlotte added "Me too and Molly (her doll that she had in the car) is excited for me" Cute!
The girls with their teachers Miss Katie and Miss Sylvia. At school today they made houses and drew their families inside. On the way home I asked the girls what was their favorite thing they did at preschool today.
Char: "Play with all the babies and dancing" (expectations met!)

Audrey: "Played with the kitchen" (Katie played with her).

I don't think this day could have gone any better. The girls loved preschool and their teachers said they did great!

4 comments:

Klare said...

How cute!!! I can't believe how big they are getting. They were brand new when we moved here. I'm so glad thay had a great day.
And you're next time you make snack I'm coming. haha

Allen Family said...

Ahhh I'm so glad they had such a great time! They seriously are too cute. I love that I'm their teacher and am able to see their cute little personalties shine.

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

I brought snack the first day too, but it sure didn't look like yours. It has been so fun to reconnect with you in passing at preschool. Our blog is guinngang.blogspot.com if you want to check your old Sunday school student, Davin, out. He will be 16 on Monday.
Haley

TARA WARTHEN MADSEN said...

Very cute Sam! I admire your photography skills! I didn't know you had a blog!! :)